Triplets

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Garin

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

July 20, 2011 - Home from the Hospital...Again?

Today we are at 28 weeks and 3 days down!  If I ever thought that each day matter so much before it means even more at this point!

Yesterday we had our weekly check up with Dr. I and things went well.  My cervix was measuring 3.1 cm, which is still looking good and keeps me out of long term hospitalization.  If it gets to 1.5 cm or below I will become a resident at the hospital until these babes decide to show their wonderful faces. :)  They didn't do an ultrasound for growth, so unfortunately I have no news on how big they are this week.  They did do a BPP (biophysical profile) on each of the babes, which they all scored 8 out of 8 on!  I believe that the BPP measures the movement, tone, heart movement, chest movement (practicing their breathing) and the amount of fluid/space they have to move in.  So they all did great!  They will now be repeating this test along with an ultrasound to measure their growth every week.  We keep praying that they will all keep doing as well as they have been!  The biggest thing that we want is healthy babies!

Baby B had yet another concern pop up about her urinary tract.  She was the one that a few weeks ago had an enlarged kidney that we were keeping an eye on (which seemed to go back to a normal size within a couple weeks).  Yesterday they noticed that she had an enlarged ureter (the tube that runs from the each of the kidneys down to the bladder).  So we will keep an eye on this as well.  They said that they will continue to monitor her in utero and then after she is born do another ultrasound to evaluate the situation further.  We feel that if there had to be an issue, at least it is with this system and not something more major like a heart or brain issue.  Obviously, we really hope that there are no issues with her after she is born either.

We did have a discussion of what our goal is here too...as I am kind of a planner and goal maker!  She said until I hit 33 weeks (we'll hit this on August 21st), that we will try to postpone the delivery.  At 36 weeks (we'll hit this on September 11th - hopefully they're not born that day) we are free to schedule and do my lovely c-section (no other option there with three babes in my belly).  Obviously my body may have other plans that we are not aware of, so we don't know when it will actually happen.  As I am writing this I am thinking about that it could happen tomorrow for all that I know!  I am going to try to put a countdown on the blog for myself and anyone else who might enjoy counting down to the end of this phase of welcoming triplets into our family!

The doc did admit me (yet again) to do another dose of steroids (to speed up the lung development) and mag sulfate (to speed up the neural development and help reduce the chances of hemorrhaging after birth).  At least this time the mag sulfate was more tolerable.  It is given in an IV over 12 hours and usually makes one feel very hot, thirsty and nauseous.  Luckily this time I was only hot for the first couple hours and then I slept like a baby through the rest of it.  I was released this morning with instructions to do another steroid shot this evening.  They let me do this after all of the hormone shots we went through just to get pregnant.  So back up to Garrison for my poor mom to give me a shot this evening!  I know she can do it, but I am sure it won't be easy - mentally that is.

So we are back in Garrison and Craig is making plans to move our stuff back into our house in Bismarck - hooray!  I don't know how long it will take him to get it to the point where we can move home, but it will be nice to be back in our own house again.  I didn't think I would see the day of this happening until after the babies were born!  The best news at this point is that I am still able to be at home.  I have been keeping updated with quite a few other mothers of triplets and everyone that I know has been hospitalized by this point.  So if there was any badge to wear out of this deal it would be that I have had too many visits to the hospital, but at least I have only slept three nights there and the remainder of the pregnancy I have been able to be at home (or at least as close to home as you can get).  We really have to thank my mom - Grandma N - for all of her hard work to keep me on my behind, keep little G in line, make sure that Craig has lunch and cookies for his week away from us, and still try to carry on a life of her own!  I don't know that there will ever be a big enough way to thank her and my dad for all of their hospitality and help over the last two months!  If you two are reading this, please know how much we all appreciate and love you for all of your help, love and support!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment