Triplets

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Garin

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 17, 2011

July 17, 2011 - 28 Weeks!!

Today, we hit 28 weeks!  It is at this point that they say we are past most all of the scary birth defects and that the babes should be pretty healthy if born!  Hooray, what an amazing feat! 

We had an interesting day though...unfortunately, not much celebrating!  We woke up and had a wonderful breakfast with my folks.  It was shortly followed with mama having a very upset tummy.  Good thing that Craig called into the hospital right away as the contractions started coming very shortly thereafter.  For the first time, these were very strong, intense contractions.  He loaded me up in the van and we headed for Bismarck right away.  By the time we got into Bismarck, they were steadily coming every 8 minutes!  It was the quickest trip I have ever had between Garrison and Bismarck (thank goodness there weren't any highway patrol out!!).  The nurse got me settled into a room and she started right away to slow these contractions down, which were now about five minutes apart and lasting two and a half minutes!  They first tried increasing the dose of Procardia (which I have already been taking for a couple of months) as well as a half liter of fluids.  That slowed them down a little bit, but only for about fifteen minutes.  So our second attempt was more fluids and a really nasty injection called terbutaline.  I say nasty, because it makes my heart race as well as gives me the shakes.  Thank goodness they finally slowed down enough to give me a chance to eat some lunch in between contractions - thank you really to my amazing husband who fed me because I was shaking so bad.  Finally, the contractions stopped.  And I crashed out for a nap as this all was completely exhausting!  Surprisingly, after an hour and half of not having any more contractions I was sent home.  Somehow, I cannot believe it as I was sure we were going to be meeting these three babes yesterday with how fast and strong those contractions were!

We all made it home safe and sound, but completely exhausted from the stress of the day.  Our doc was out of town, so we are curious to see what she will have to say about all of this when we see her on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment