Triplets

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Garin

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 26, 2011

June 26, 2011 - 25 Weeks!

Well, today we hit 25 weeks!  Hooray!  Each day that I can keep these babes in my belly the better!  As the neonatologist said to me (while staring at my belly), "I am looking at the best NICU."  So even though it is getting hard I just have to keep thinking about that.
Here is a little flood update for everyone.  So many people have contacted me knowing that I grew up in Minot, but thank goodness we live south of them (at least for today).  Flood Update...


Well, the good news is that our house in Bismarck so our house is still dry, but we are not even a half block from a huge dike that is still holding back the Missouri River from us.  So we aren’t in the worst of it (i.e. Minot), but we definitely are not out of the woods yet.  

Little G man, the dog, the cat, and myself are living at my folks’.  THANK YOU GRANDMA N AND GRANDPA K!!!   Thank goodness they are high and dry!  No issues here which is more of a relief than anyone could ever imagine!  Craig is still staying at our empty house down in Bismarck during the week to work and then comes to visit us on the weekends.

It is very sad as I watched dikes built around my elementary and junior high school in Minot and then yesterday to see them filled with water.  My junior high is completely under water!  The playground I played on as a little girl was sitting in a couple feet of water too!  It just breaks my heart.  I guess you can move to a new house or change towns, but you can never take the Minot out of me!  My thoughts and prayers go out to all of those friends and family that live in Minot that are struggling and displaced due to this flood!

Most of my doctor appointments are in Bismarck (an hour and a half from where I am now) or in Fargo (about five hours from where I am).  Things definitely aren’t easy right now, but we could have it much worse.  I am really uncomfortable and am having a harder time getting up and walking now.  Each day is getting more difficult and painful to make it through, but I did hit 25 weeks today!  They will be happy if I can hold out to 30-33 weeks so I am getting closer each day!  Sorry if I am a bit of a downer today, but the last few days have been very hard.  I try hard to keep my chin up and for now that is the best I can do.

We head over to Fargo tomorrow for another big ultrasound and back to Bismarck on Tuesday for a few moles to be removed.  It will be a busy week but hopefully I can get an update on here after the doctor's appointment tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment