Triplets

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Garin

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

June 21, 2011 - Hooray for 24 Weeks and Contractions???

This past Sunday, we were very happy to hit 24 weeks!  At this point the doctors say that the babies are viable and at least have some chance of surviving if they were to come out now.  Obviously every day that they can stay in my belly is days of care they would need in the NICU after they are born.  I hope that I can last as long as possible, but I still have a long way to go!

And today, when I am 24 weeks and 2 days I was discharged from the hospital yet again.  Grandma N took me down to Bismarck (as I am still living up in Garrison due to the flooding) after a few hours of contractions coming about 15 minutes apart.  Thank goodness they were able to stop the contractions very easily by increasing the Procardia (smooth muscle relaxant) that I was already taking to keep the contractions at bay.  The last contraction came about 10:00 pm last night and I haven't had another one since then!  Whew!

They did another ultrasound and the babes were measuring 1 lb 6 oz, 1 lb 10 oz and 1 lb 11 oz.  Which is all within normal range and actually measuring a few days further along than average!  Yeah!  And my cervix...3.6 cm!  Which is actually 0.1 cm more than it was about 2 1/2 weeks ago.  Hooray!  All of those numbers were so great to hear after the frustration of having more contractions!  With all of the good news they said I could still remain at home, even though home right now isn't really 'my home.'  So back to Garrison we went today to hopefully be able to spend a few more weeks at home!

Our home in Bismarck is still safe and dry behing the dike in south Bismarck.  It seems as though the dikes are all holding well with the record 150,000 cfs of water coming down from the Garrison Dam.  Our prayers do go out to my hometown of Minot as they have lost their flood fight this spring.  We hope that all is well for everyone living in the river valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment