Triplets

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Garin

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 4, 2011

August 4, 2011 - More Contractions!

Today we are at 30 weeks and 4 days...and still pregnant!  I also have 12 weeks and a day of bedrest down!  Yikes!  I never imagined that I would be able to survive this long on bedrest.  I am not a sitter, but a do-er.  I have however found a new appreciation for sitting still and quiet to enjoy the very simplest things in life.

We had a doctor's appointment this past Tuesday that went well.  I still cannot seem to gain any more weight at this point, but at least I am maintaining the weight I have been able to put on.  My cervix seems to be holding out this week with similar measurements to last week.  Another BPP was done one the babes and they all seem to be moving, practicing breathing, etc. quite well.  We still see the swollen kidneys in Baby B, but it has not gotten any worse.  So we felt like we could take on the world after this appointment.  I don't really know why I even decide how I feel because it usually changes within a couple of days anyways...

Last night, I sat down to eat supper and my hip pain was getting the best of me.  (I began seeing {in April} and still see a physical therapist twice a week to attempt to keep the hip and back pain at bay in order to keep me comfortable throughout the pregnancy.)  I tried lying on the couch to eat my supper to get off of the right hip (my right leg goes numb if I sit up straight for very long).  Shortly thereafter, the contractions came on.  I tried going through my lovely list of things to try to stop the contractions, but they weren't letting up.  After about a half hour of this, I finally attempted to 'time' these contractions before we called the hospital.  From 8:00-8:12 pm I had six contractions, so I knew it was time to call and get moving!  By the time we got to the hospital and got me on the monitor the contractions were then a minute and a half apart with only a 20 second break in between.  So within an hour they had become this fast and hard!  I always thought this usually took quite a while to progress to this point, but I was very thankful that we didn't have an hour and a half drive down from Garrison anymore...whew!  With one shot of terbutaline the contractions stopped...whew again!  We thought we were out of the woods, but then we found that my cervix was 70% effaced and starting to open.  In other words, my body was preparing to push these babes out.  The contractions began again and this time only five minutes apart.  With some time and lots of fluids, the contractions finally let up and we were able to come back home this morning.  Yet another close call...

So what now...we keep waiting and paying attention to what my body is saying.  The doctor said at this point, modern medicine can only do so much and the rest is totally up to my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment